Voter Information & How to Run for Office
List of Qualified candidates for membership on the Madison County Executive Committee (MCDEC)*
How do I learn more about Democratic Candidates who have qualified to run for office?
I need to register to vote.
Can I register as a Democrat?
- Alabama does not register by party
- You must ask for either a Democratic or Republican ballot during Primary elections
- There are no party specific ballots in the general election; we all use the same ballot
- There are a lot of reasons to vote in the Democratic Primary if you’re a Democrat
- Starting immediately, you will not be able to switch party ballots between the Primary and the Runoff
Qualifying papers are due for all offices at 5 pm February 9:
- State-wide office paperwork paperwork and qualifying fees are due in Montgomery at 5 pm at Alabama Democratic Headquarters (www.aldemocrats.org and http://sos.alabama.gov/alabama-votes/candidates/candidate-resources for info)
- County-wide office paperwork paperwork and qualifying fees are due at Madison County Democratic headquarters (1200 Jordan Lane, Suite 8, Huntsville, AL 35816) at 5 pm at Alabama Democratic Headquarters (or PO Box 628, Huntsville, AL 35804)
- Applications must be notarized
I don’t know how to find my state legislators or U. S. House or Senate representatives.
What kind of ID do I need to vote?
Check my voter registration status.
Tell me the next election dates and deadlines.
- Statewide Primary Election: Tuesday, June 5, 2018
- Primary Runoff Election: Tuesday, July 17, 2018
- General Election: Tuesday, November 6, 2018
- Municipal Elections: Tuesday, August 28, 2018
Which offices are up for election in 2018?
I need to know where I vote.
Additional voting information (absentee, sample ballots, etc.).
The Madison County Democrats hold periodic voter registration events. If you’d like to find out when they will be, send us your email for our newsletter.
If you’d like to volunteer to help with voter registration or to devote your time and talents to one of our many other activities, please complete the form at Get Involved.
If you’d like to begin to get to know us and our work, attend our monthly business meetings. They’re held every 2nd Thursday , 6 – 7 pm at our Headquarters, 1200 Jordan Lane, Suite 8, Huntsville, AL 35816